Episode #38 Being The Other Three Percent in 2015

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail
Play

There’s the 97% in this world who will not accomplish their goals, who will be just like everybody else. One the other hand, there’s also the 3% who’s going to own most businesses in this world, get all the opportunities and achieve their goals. The 3% are your leaders, team captains and generally the change makers. They are easy to spot, they are the people who come to school early, practice all day, explore new opportunities and are completely driven to achieve their goals in life no matter what their circumstances are.

What character traits do the top 3% of the world’s most successful people share?

This may sound harsh, but 97% of the people in the world are not going to accomplish their goals.  Only the top 3% have all the money in the world, get into the best schools, get the best jobs, and are the best athletes.

Character Traits of the “Three Percenters”

            They’re the ones that are doing what needs to be done.

They’re doing what others will not do.

They are staying up all night and working on weekends to finish projects.

They’re driving extra miles to listen to a speaker that will motivate them and impact their business.

They’re looking for the partners who will help them succeed.

It doesn’t mean that the other 97% don’t “wish” for success, but they are not doing what needs to be done to make it happen.

 

The Differences Between “Wishes, Wants and Needs”

            A wish is just a thought with no effort put behind it.

A want is  a goal where you’ll invest your time and energy.

A need is something you’re willing to sacrifice for.

 

What are you doing when no one else is looking?

Are you sitting around hanging out, watching TV, etc. when you have down time?

Or, are you investing time and energy to grow personally and/or in your business?

Being the other 3% is not easy.

You have to do the things that no one else is doing and you have to do them well.  You don’t have to be perfect the first time but you have to keep repeating until you exceed expectations.

There are going to be times when you don’t want to get something done because it’s just scary or intimidating.  You have to just find a way to push forward.  It will get better.

Sometimes the “big and scary” provide the best payoffs.

 

Success Leaves Clues

            One of the best ways to get what you want in life is to find people who are already there.

                                Surround yourself with these people and find out what they did to get there.

                                Find out what the commonalities are between all of them.

                Surround yourself with other “Three Percenters”.

That’s why there are mastermind groups or having a mentor or coach.

Asking your beer drinking buddies is not going to help you.  If you’re the smartest guy in your group, no one is going to be able to help you grow.

“It’s hard to soar like an eagle when you hang out with a bunch of turkeys”

Closing Thoughts for Today

No matter how it seems, you already have the time to pursue being part of the Three Percent. 

Most people waste more time than they think they do. Take a week’s look at what you’ve done.

The “Three Percent” are going to go along with their business whether you take part or not.  It’s up to you if you want to be part of the success.

If you have a question for Anthony, head over to www.anthonyflatt.com and leave him a voicemail message to have a chance to have your question featured on this show.

All the Episodes are available on our website:

www.businessatthespeedofsell.com

Also available on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/al/podcast/business-at-the-speed-of-sell/id990650976

  • Fascinated
  • Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Afraid
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail